Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Post IMsL Update

So it has been about 3 weeks since the Inverted Eye vended at IMsL and I honestly needed at least a week and a half to catch up on sleeping after such an intense four days of work and play! My merchandise was a hit and I got a lot of great feedback from the attendees, most of whom said that they had never seen anything like what I had to sell at any conference they had gone to before.

Many people visited my booth and I met some really wonderful people in the process of vending and socializing. It probably didn't hurt that I also had such wonderful helpers and delicious eye candy at the table such as Jukie Sunshine from the Diamond Daggers and Leo from ButchBoi.



I enjoyed meeting my fellow vendors and genuinely appreciated the conversations I had with the sweet and gosh darn foxy Jacq, the owner of the sex toy store Sugar in Baltimore and my vending neighbors Zifra and Daemon from BunnyFlogger. (ps, I still NEED to feel the thud from the Double Bunny Flogger!) It was great to briefly catch up with Mike from the Twisted Bear and fun to chat with Ms. Martha from Ms. Martha's Corset Shoppe (I do hope your sweetie enjoys being tormented by the antique branding iron you bought from me!)

Sales were great and a few were quite memorable. For example, the lovely Mistress Shae bought one of my favorite items, a hand painted fraternity paddle and although it was difficult to see it go, I was very glad to see that it was going to a good home!



Boi Blu who co-produces the Desire Conference in Palm Springs also bought one of my most cherished finds, a chain link pot scrubber that feels wonderful and is also oh-so-functional!


I was also proud that adorable bootblack Mo, who is a leather family with Ms. Cat & Ajax who put on the fabulous Eclipse! women and trans party at the Citadel purchased my adorable pink shoe shine box. (And I do look forward to the shine you promised me soon Mo!)

Finally, I was also honored to meet Mistress Cyan, who puts on the amazing DomCon conference in Los Angeles in May. She invited me to vend at the conference, so I may be coming down to L.A. in early May!

No comments: