Thursday, November 13, 2008

Inventory, Inventory Everywhere and Not A Place to Stand!

I can't believe it has been 6 weeks since I posted, as I have been busy as a bee preparing for the launch of the InvertedEye.com e-commerce site launch! My house looks like an antique store exploded in it, as I am taking all of the product photographs myself and my kitchen is now doubling as my photo studio. I am doing all I can in order to keep the momentum going, as the InvertedEye.com website is getting about thirty hits a day and I want to show everyone the fabulous items I have for sale just as soon as possible! Check back November 21st for the Shopping Page to debut!

In addition to taking product photographs, I spent the last two weekends having my dear friend Amelia Paradise (of the Diamond Daggers) shoot fourteen amazing models who were dressed in outfits that correspond to areas of merchandise that I will be selling on my site. I am taking the best images and making a small Flash movie to place on the Home Page. Here are just a handful of examples of the hotness that will soon be live:

Burlesque
Service Oriented
Student
Parental
Kitsch

In addition focusing on the online site, I have started in inquire about various retail spaces I’ve seen vacant on Valencia Street, so I can open the store front as soon as possible. I did find one space I am seriously pursuing on Valencia Street, so please keep your fingers and toes and everything else you can crossed! I would love to be open in time for the Holiday Season. Seriously though, I want the Inverted Eye to be a business that is deeply rooted in the community and therefore it requires a physical location. For me, I feel that much of the joy of selling these objects is to be able share with a customer where I found it, who owned it before me, what is used for - you know, the journey it traveled before it came to land on the shelves of the Inverted Eye...

No comments: